AXE (An XCore Emulator)
|Description:||AXE is a fast open source simulator of the XMOS XS1 Architecture.|
AXE is designed for fast simulation of XCore programs. AXE doesn't attempt to be cycle accurate. Instruction execution timing is approximate. AXE is experimental and likely to contain bugs.
- No simulation of the boot ROM.
- No simulation of debug.
- No support for configurable delays on ports / clocks.
- Minimal support for reading and writing of pswitch / sswitch registers.
- There are a few other miscellaneous instructions that are unimplemented.
- python (for running tests)
Make a directory for the build and in that directory run:
cmake -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release <path-to-src> make
For a debug build use -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug. On Windows use nmake instead of make.
The "check" target runs the testsuite. An install of the XMOS tools is required. Run the SetupEnv script provided with the XMOS tools to add xcc to the path before running the tests.