xdp-tools - Utilities and example programs for use with XDP
This repository contains a collection of utilities and example code to be used with the eXpress Data Path facility of the Linux kernel.
For a general introduction to XDP, please see the XDP tutorial. Some of the example code in this repository is derived from the tutorial, but packaged to be easier to re-use.
The repository contains the following:
- xdp-filter/ - a simple packet filtering utility powered by XDP
- headers/xdp/ - reusable eBPF code snippets for XDP (installed in /usr/include/xdp by
- lib/util/ - common code shared between the different utilities
- packaging/ - files used for distro packaging
- lib/libbpf/ - a git submodule with libbpf, used if the system version is not recent enough
To compile, first run
./configure, then simply type
make. Make sure you
either have a sufficiently recent libbpf installed on your system, or that you
pulled down the libbpf git submodule (
git submodule init && git submodule