xen-tools 4.8 is primarily a maintenance release which adds support for more recent Debian and Ubuntu releases as DomU as well as Dom0.
It though also adds a bunch of additions like ZFS and LVM Thin Provisioning support contributed by multiple 3rd party contributors via pull requests. (Thanks!)
- Support for ZFS volumes (by Marc Bigler, GH #50)
- Support for LVM thin provisioning (by Nico Boehr, GH #47)
- Support for really random MAC addresses upon every
xen-create-imageinvocation by using the new option
--randommac. (by Pietro Stäheli, closes Debian bug report #855703)
distributions.confnow supports arbitrary keyring files in
/usr/share/keyrings/. (Needed for some EoL Ubuntu releases.)
- Support for netplan.io network configuration as used in recent Ubuntu releases. (Hook by Arno and Peter, GH #51)
- Minor documentation fixes.
- Eliminate progress reporting which is useless in logs. (Yuri Sakhno, GH #42)
pygrubpath detection from
xm.tmpl, Xen prefers a path-less
Distribution Releases Changes
- Support for
- Ubuntu 17.10 Artful Aardvark
- Ubuntu 18.04 Bionic Beaver (LTS) (GH #51)
- Ubuntu 18.10 Cosmic Cuttlefish
- Preliminary support for Ubuntu 19.04 Disco Dingo
- Knows about code name for Debian 12 (Bookworm).
- Considers Ubuntu Yakkety, Zesty and Artful being EoL.
- Set Ubuntu fallback suite to the latest LTS, i.e. 18.04 Bionic.
- Change all occurrences of
deb.debian.orgexcept those for the
debian-archive. The latter now point to
- Many improvements for the
- Only run
xen-toolstackhelper script if both,
xlare present. Avoids warning about deprecated helper script.