Ansible modules for managing Solarish systems
This repository contains modules for managing certain aspects of Solarish systems. There are plans to bring these modules into ansible-modules-extra repository in the future. These modules are developed under OpenIndiana or SmartOS. Modules are also known to work on Oracle Solaris.
So far, following modules have been developed:
dladm_etherstub - Manage etherstubs on Solaris/illumos systems.(already upstreamed) dladm_vnic - Manage VNICs on Solaris/illumos systems.(already upstreamed) dladm_iptun - manage IP tunnel interfaces on Solaris/illumos systems.(already upstreamed) dladm_vlan - manage VLAN links on Solaris/illumos systems(already upstreamed) dladm_linkprop - manage link properties on Solaris/illumos systems.(already upstreamed) ipadm_addr - manage IP addresses on Solaris/illumos systems.(already upstreamed) ipadm_addrprop - manage IP address properties on Solaris/illumos systems.(already upstreamed) ipadm_if - Manage IP interfaces on Solaris/illumos systems.(already upstreamed) ipadm_ifprop - manage interface properties on Solaris/illumos systems.(already upstreamed) ipadm_prop - Manage protocol properties on Solaris/illumos systems.(already upstreamed) flowadm - Manage bandwidth resource control and priority for protocols, services and zones.(already upstreamed)
- solaris_project - Manage Solaris/illumos projects
ZFS datasets and pools
zfs_facts - Gather facts about ZFS datasets.(already upstreamed) zpool_facts - Gather facts about ZFS pools.(already upstreamed)
beadm - manage ZFS boot environments on Solaris/illumos/FreeBSD systems.(already upstreamed)
smartos_image_facts - Get SmartOS image details.(already upstreamed)
- smartos_image_source - Manage image sources on SmartOS compute nodes.
How to install
Download desired modules and place it under library/ directory in your ansible repository.
Future development and desired modules
I plan to develop more modules. The list of following modules, which I will be working on in the near future:
- dladm_aggr - manage link aggregations on Solaris/illumos systems
- dladm_bridge - manage bridges on Solaris/illumos systems
- routeadm - manage IP forwarding and routing configuration on Solaris/illumos systems
- coreadm - core file administration
- dumpadm - configure operating system crash dump
- ldom_facts - gather facts about LDOMs
- kstat_facts - query kstats for facts
- zpool - manage (Open)ZFS pools on Linux/FreeBSD/Solaris/illumos systems
- logadm - manage log rotations on Solaris/illumos systems
- smf_property - manage SMF properties on Solaris/illumos systems
- smf_manifest - manage SMF manifests on Solaris/illumos systems
- smf_instance - manage SMF instances on Solaris/illumos systems
- beadm_facts - get facts about boot environments on Solaris/illumos/FreeBSD systems
- pkg5_mediator - manage IPS mediators on Solaris/illumos systems
I am also open to new ideas for modules and collaboration.
In the future, I might also develop modules for SmartOS. However, I am not using it on a daily basis nowadays, so development might lag.
- nictagadm - manage nic tags on SmartOS systems