XGCM Example Gallery (under construction)
This repository stores the xgcm example repo for the Pangeo Gallery. It is configured to automatically build itself using binderbot. It is linked, via a git submodule, the the gallery website repo. Whenever the notebooks are updated in this, repository dispatch is used to trigger a gallery rebuild. This keeps gallery.pangeo.io always in sync with this repo.
The repo contains the following elements:
- A set of jupyter notebooks, numbered in the order that we want them to appear on the gallery website.
- A configuration file,
binder-gallery.yaml, which provides important configuration parameters (see pangeo gallery documentation).
- A thumbnail image (
thumbnail.png), a 200 x 200 px image which represents the gallery content.
- Github workflows, which make the magic happen! (Don't touch these.)
To contribute examples, please fork this repository and add a self contained notebook. The data for the example should be provided in one of these forms:
- Data available in the cloud (preferred): See
- Add files to the xgcm-examples zenodo archive and access them from within the notebook *(see
04_nemo_idealized.ipynbfor examples). This should only be done for small datasets.
- Other way of accessing data online and download locally from the notebook: See
For more information on how to set up a development environment see the xgcm contributors guide.