Please consider supporting this project by becoming a backer
Major Components and features
- Geometric Constraint Solver. This is a most crucial component which allows to solve a system of geometric constraints applied to a sketch. See below the list of supported constraints.
- 2D Sketcher. Allows to design 2d sketches applying geometric constraints. Uses HTML5 canvas for rendering.
- 3D Boolean engine. OpenCascade is used to perform booleans on BREP objects.
- Feature History. Accumulates features builds a 3d model step by step. A compare step is employed to propagate edge/face IDs forward to provide a stable and robust model.
- Export to STL, DWG and SVG formats
- Saving projects in the browser locale storage
- Repository of dimensions. For example if there is a line length constraint applied, it's not necessary to hardcode some length value. A dimension with a symbolic name can be created and the constraint can refer to that dimension by name. Once value of dimension gets changed the sketch is resolved again accordingly to the new dimension values.
- 2D measurement tool. Allows adding dimensions on a 2D drawing(Linear, Vertical, Horizontal and Arc/Circle dimension are supported)
This modeler is already used for:
- Designing of 3d models to get them 3d-printed. 3D models are based on parametric 2d sketches. All models can be exported as an STL file and 3d-printed after.
- Creating of 2d parametric sketches which could be exported to DWG or SVG format.
- Point to Line Distance
- Point to Object Distance
- Entity Equality(radius/length)
- Point On Line
- Point On Arc / Ellipse
- Point In Middle
- Lock Convexity
- Fillet Meta Constraint
Get Started With the Code
- $ cd <jsketcher folder>
- $ npm install
- $ npm start