A simple tool of visualizing 3-D datacubes in FITS format
The visualization is implemented by MayaVI and the interface is made with TraitsUI. It stems from my homework for the ay201b course.
- (optional) and ImageMagick to make GIF movies.
There seems to be some conflicts between latest versions of numpy and Traits.
Please try using the following versions, which work well for me:
Render the P-P-V datacubes in three options
- Iso-surfaces colored by velocities.
- Iso-surfaces colored by intensities.
- Scattered dots colored by intensities.
The first two can be saved in a 'mesh' file and be imported to softwares such as Blender or Meshlab, and be uploaded to Sketchfab.
- Cannot load a different fits file if the current file name includes path: have to delete the current 'fitsfile' name, then nagivate to the new fits file.
- The latest Mayavi (v4.4+) does not allow a random name for a new attribute of a field. I have to revert to the previous Mayavi version (v4.3).
- To be found...