The patch controls the playback rate of an audio file using an IMU 6DOF Razor with the high-pass filters on the gyroscope bypassed to prevent the output drifting to zero when spinning at a constant speeds. The the audio level is indicated on a VU meter made from 16 surface-mount LEDs. The gyroscope, x-OSC and battery are secured to the record with sugru. Demo video available on YouTube, see the original post for more info.
- analogue sample rate: 100 Hz
- input 1 to analogue
- outputs 1 - 16 to digital.
- open GyroScratch.maxpat in Max/MSP
- activate audio by pressing the loudspeaker button
- when the record is stationary click the 0 RPM button
- set the record playing and click 33 RMP
- behold, you are Grandmaster Flash