Contributing to XMLUnit
Contributing to XMLUnit 2.x
Before you start working on a big feature, please tell us about it on the mailing list, though. This way you can make sure you're not wasting your time on something that isn't considered to be in XMLUnit's scope.
If you are looking for something to work on, we've compiled a list of things that should be done before XMLUnit 2.0 can be released.
XMLUnit's users guide is developed (or rather will be developed) inside a github Wiki - a lot of help is needed here, before we can cut a new release.
Preparing a Pull Request
- Create a topic branch from where you want to base your work (this is usually the master branch).
- Make commits of logical units.
- Respect the original code style:
- Only use spaces for indentation.
- Create minimal diffs - disable on save actions like reformat source code or organize imports. If you feel the source code should be reformatted create a separate issue/PR for this change.
- Check for unnecessary whitespace with
git diff --checkbefore committing.
- Make sure your commit messages are in the proper format. Your commit message should contain the key of the issue if you created one.
- Make sure you have added the necessary tests for your changes.
- Run all the tests with
xbuild XMLUnit.NET.slnto assure nothing else was accidentally broken.
Contributing to XMLUnit for .NET 0.x
We don't expect to work on the old XMLUnit for .NET anymore, please help us getting version 2.x on the road as soon as possible.