Community-maintained extensions for the XMonad window manager.
xmonad core is minimal, stable, yet extensible. xmonad-contrib is home to hundreds of additional tiling algorithms and extension modules. The two combined make for a powerful X11 window-manager with endless customization possibilities. They are, quite literally, libraries for creating your own window manager.
For installation and configuration instructions, please see:
We welcome all forms of contributions:
- bug reports and feature ideas (also to xmonad)
- bug fixes, new features, new extensions (also to xmonad)
- documentation fixes and improvements: xmonad, xmonad-contrib, xmonad-web
- helping others in the community
- financial support: GitHub Sponsors, Open Collective
Please do read the CONTRIBUTING document for more
information about bug reporting and code contributions. For a brief overview
of the architecture and code conventions, see the documentation for the
XMonad.Doc.Developing module. If in doubt, talk to
Code submitted to the xmonad-contrib repo is licensed under the same license as xmonad core itself, with copyright held by the authors.