xonsh is a Python-powered, cross-platform, Unix-gazing shell language and command prompt.
The language is a superset of Python 3.6+ with additional shell primitives. xonsh (pronounced conch) is meant for the daily use of experts and novices alike.
If you like xonsh,
Install xonsh from pip:
python -m pip install 'xonsh[full]'
And visit https://xon.sh for more information:
- Core extensions (xontribs)
- External extensions on Github
- List of awesome xontribs
- Create a xontrib step by step from template
Projects that use xonsh
- gitsome: A supercharged Git/shell autocompleter with GitHub integration.
- xxh: Using xonsh wherever you go through the ssh.
- rever: Cross-platform software release tool.
- Regro autotick bot: Regro Conda-Forge autoticker.
The xonsh shell community
The xonsh shell is developed by a community of volunteers and has no organization that can get grants, donations or additional support. There are two major ways to help the xonsh shell: to spread the good word about xonsh in the world (write a tweet) and to help improve the xonsh shell (solve a popular issue or a good first issue). We welcome new contributors!