A small repository containing documentation to help with the reverse- engineering of BioWare's Aurora engine games. xoreos-docs is part of the xoreos project; please see the xoreos website and its GitHub repositories for details.
At the moment, this directory contains file format specifications, both official and as figured out by the modding community.
- bioware: The official BioWare NWN docs, from the now defunct nwn.bioware.com site
- torlack: Tim Smith (Torlack)'s notes of several formats, from his now defunct website
- trn: Specs for the NWN2 terrain and walkmesh format
- foxpro: Specs for the FoxPro database format
- gmax_nwn_mdl_0.3b.ms: GMax import script for NWN models, by Wayland Reid
- kotor_mdl.html: Partial KotOR model specs
- nds_sdat.html: Partial Nintendo DS Nitro Composer File (*.sdat) specs, by kiwi.ds
This directory contains binary template files for 010 Editor. They describe the structure of binary files.
- JadeMDL.bt: Jade Empire's MDL model file
- NWN1MDL.bt: Neverwinter Nights' MDL model file
- NWN2MDB.bt: Neverwinter Nights 2's MDB/TRN/TRX model file
- NWN2GR2.bt: Neverwinter Nights 2's Granny2 animation file
These template files are released under the terms of the CC0 1.0 Universal Public Domain Dedication. For details, see the file COPYING in the templates directory, or https://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/.