xoreos-tools 0.0.3 "Bastila"
A collection of tools to help with the reverse-engineering of BioWare's Aurora engine games. xoreos-tools is part of the xoreos project; please see the xoreos website and its GitHub repositories for details.
This release of the xoreos-tools package features a new xml2tlk tool that can convert XML files created by the tlk2xml tool back into a talk table TLK file. Please note that, at the moment, only non-GFF'd TLK files can be written, as used by the two Neverwinter Nights games, the two Knights of the Old Republic games, Jade Empire and The Witcher. TLK files as used by Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood and the two Dragon Age games can not be written (they can, however, be read with the tlk2xml tool).
Additionally, the convert2da tool gained the ability to write binary 2DA files, as used by the two Knights of the Old Republic games; and xoreostex2tga can now correctly read TPC cube maps.
The tools included here are licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 3 or (at your option) any later version.
Please note that these tools are all command line tools, without any GUI whatsoever.
The xoreos tools are:
- Tools for handling resource archives
- Tools converting basic resource formats into human-readable form and back
- Tools converting graphics formats into TGA
Downloads in this release:
- Source tarball
- GNU/Linux (gcc 4.7.2, glibc 2.13) binaries, i386 (Intel 32-bit)
- GNU/Linux (gcc 4.7.2, glibc 2.13) binaries, x86_64 (Intel 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows binaries, i386 (Intel 32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows binaries, x86_64 (Intel 64-bit)
- Mac OS X (>= 10.5), fat binaries with both i386 (Intel 32-bit) and x86_64 (Intel 64-bit)