xoreos is an open source implementation of BioWare's Aurora engine and its derivatives, licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 3 (or later).
Neverwinter Nights now shows speech bubbles for conversation one-liners, as used for cutscenes, bark strings and short NPC dialogues. Additionally, the premium modules BioWare sold for Neverwinter Nights, including the three that come with the Diamond Edition, can now be properly loaded and started.
An oversight in the handling of the texture fonts used in Neverwinter Nights and the two Knights of Old Republic games has been fixed. This oversight broke rendering of certain characters, most prominently of those used in eastern European languages and the "smart" single quotation mark that's used instead of an apostrophe in some strings found in the French versions.
Moreover, this release includes a lot of user-invisible code documentation and quality fixes.
Please note that xoreos is still missing a GUI and needs to be started from the command line.
Downloads in this release:
- Source tarball
- GNU/Linux (gcc 4.7.2, glibc 2.13) binaries, i386 (Intel 32-bit)
- GNU/Linux (gcc 4.7.2, glibc 2.13) binaries, x86_64 (Intel 64-bit)
- Microsoft Windows binaries, i386 (Intel 32-bit)
- Microsoft Windows binaries, x86_64 (Intel 64-bit)
- Mac OS X (>= 10.5), fat binaries with both i386 (Intel 32-bit) and x86_64 (Intel 64-bit)