This repository holds xtdesktop, a supplemental extension package for xTuple ERP that provides a graphical presentation of commonly used menu items and quick reference lists of critical data. The following items are prerequisites for using this extension:
- xTuple Updater version 2.2.4
- xTuple ERP 4.9.0 or later
The package is installed with xTuple Updater, an application for xTuple ERP (PostBooks, Standard, and Manufacturing Editions) which helps you update your databases from one release to the next, to upgrade from one xTuple ERP edition to another, such as from PostBooks to Standard Edition, and to load supplemental extensions into your xTuple database. The Updater reads and processes upgrade scripts or packages, which are collections of files bundled together into .gz files. A fuller description of xTuple Updater may be found on the Updater wiki.
How to install xtdesktop
Before performing any updates to a database, you should first make a backup copy of the database you are updating. Having a backup ensures you can always go back to the original database if errors occur during the upgrade.
Download the Updater from SourceForge, the perform the following steps:
- Run the Updater application.
- From within Updater go to File > Open and select the xtdesktop package.
- Click Start.
- Close the Updater and re-start your xTuple ERP application. You should find the Desktop installed on the xTuple main window.
Note: To access all Desktop functionality, users must be configured as follows:
- User preferences must be set "Show windows as Free-floating." (You must close and restart the application after changing this setting)
- Be sure also to grant privileges to users who want to use the Desktop in System > Maintain Users. The Desktop is listed there as its own module.