xTuple Release Notes
Version 4.11.1 - October, 2017
These are the release notes for the 4.11.1 xTuple ERP release. Thanks to all who contributed to make this release possible, including Verlin Nooner and Scott Zuke. See below for more information about deploying this release.
A handful of features and lots of bug fixes have been added to the application since the 4.11.0 release. Our focus has been on improving overall quality and functionality.
Of particular interest are the following:
- Fixes to the autocompleter bugs
- Improvements in CSVImp 0.6.0
- Importing images and other files
- Update and Append
CSVImp 0.6.0 will be released with and bundled into xTuple ERP 4.11.1.
Note: See the xTuple ERP Compatibility Matrix. You will need the following two PostgreSQL extensions:
- plv8 - See our github wiki for more information on how to install plv8 and a blog post describing plv8 and why we introduced this new dependency.
- ossp-uuid -
If you built PostgreSQL from source code, you may have to
rebuild it. Make sure to include the
--with-ossp-uuidoption for the
configurecommand. See our instructions for building PostgreSQL for details.
These need to be installed on the database server, not client machines.
Features added in 4.11.1
- Features issue #5043 Right Click to View Characteristics for P/R
- Features issue #19111 Add support for item characteristics to misc. invoice
- Features issue #29526 distribution catalog - would like to be able to double click and edit or view a catcost item
- Features issue #29873 Prompt for GL posting date when voiding posted invoice
- Features issue #29880 Need utility for loading images into ERP database
- Features issue #30854 Expose the dispatch service XM.SalesOrder.addPayment() to the REST API.
Bug fixes in 4.11.1
- Fixed issue #14206 Observation: No label is displayed for date field in the 'Credit Card Transaction Information' screen
- Fixed issue #16185 invalid pricing schedule assignment patterns disrupt editing sales orders
- Fixed issue #16275 Incorrect site is displayed on selecting to post Miscellaneous Production from 'Inventory Availability' screen
- Fixed issue #17127 Alarm Date not enabled
- Fixed issue #17680 Irrelevant behavior is observed for Account creation when CRM Account # generation is set to 'Automatic'
- Fixed issue #19021 inconsistency in RAs (receiving site)
- Fixed issue #19378 duplicate database indexes
- Fixed issue #20717 Irrelevant behaviour is observed in Customer Groups screen
- Fixed issue #21869 XML Import - Ship To incorrectly selected
- Fixed issue #24362 xWDSPA: Selecting to change the SPA number from 'N/A' to any displays Database Error irrelevantly
- Fixed issue #24425 Item Alias Behavior in Sales Order
- Fixed issue #25421 Trade Service LOD file changes Price UOM
- Fixed issue #25682 Edit option missing from purchase request menu
- Fixed issue #26127 Alias not selected for SO showing in customer part field
- Fixed issue #26158 Identical alias for different item cannot be selected
- Fixed issue #27331 System does not honor the characteristics created in 'Sales' setup
- Fixed issue #27513 Possible to make changes to order being edited by another user
- Fixed issue #27538 Irrelevant behavior is observed when clicking 'cancel' button on 'Incident' screen
- Fixed issue #27555 [postbooks] ""May use the full application"" visible when it is the only option
- Fixed issue #27772 many displays are hard to open or extend with scripting
- Fixed issue #27860 Disabling a package schema should disable triggers on public tables
- Fixed issue #28159 PO Litem Characteristics cannot be added to a PO line Item
- Fixed issue #28276 invcitem_updateinv column allows nulls
- Fixed issue #28370 'Standard', 'Actual' fields are not properly aligned in 'Item List Price' screen
- Fixed issue #28548 Ship-via does not populate on Invoice
- Fixed issue #28625 Inventory Availability screen does not support multiple filter parameters (fix attached)
- Fixed issue #29026 'Standard Oper.' field name is displayed instead of 'Standard Operation' in 'Work Order Operation' screen
- Fixed issue #29164 Able to save Financial report group with blank names in Financial Report screen.
- Fixed issue #29166 'Edit' Button is not functional in 'Column Layout' screen.
- Fixed issue #29222 AP Multi-Currency Posting Issue
- Fixed issue #29234 Allowed entry of non numeric causes termination of sql
- Fixed issue #29248 api.bom creates multiple active revisions
- Fixed issue #29291 No error message when trying to delete payment terms used only on a PO
- Fixed issue #29342 Using the 'X' object to cancel on Contact screen leaves record
- Fixed issue #29363 Able to enter item details in 'Purchase Order Item' screen though 'Site Can Purchase This Item' check box is disabled for item
- Fixed issue #29385 Omnibus: Filters are disappeared when minimizing and maximizing 'Quantities on Hand' screen.
- Fixed issue #29523 Transaction block error while trying to update roles
- Fixed issue #29701 xTupleCommerce: CBUMP bumper in demodb has no list price, yet is marked as sellable.
- Fixed issue #29808 'Lot/Serial' tab is in disable mode after removing the item number in 'Return Authorization Item' screen
- Fixed issue #29996 'Select button' is enabled without selecting Bank Account in 'Select Bank Account' dialog box in 'Approve Payments' screen.
- Fixed issue #30012 Sales Order Item Tab Order Changed
- Fixed issue #30094 Preferred selling site on ship-to address not honored
- Fixed issue #30189 'Due date' field is not refreshed on changing Terms in 'Miscellaneous Voucher' screen
- Fixed issue #30315 Reversed invoice indicator needs work
- Fixed issue #30391 Sales Order form items list incorrectly assumes that Customer PN Item Aliases will be unique
- Fixed issue #30469 Post Operation when the user / server in different timezone: wooperpost - wrong date and time
- Fixed issue #30591 [xtuple] Detail query in Items report incorrectly inner joins on prodcat_id and item_price_uom_id
- Fixed issue #30595 4.11 Nordic: Numeric Keypad ""ENTER"" Key does not affect POST in distribute Window
- Fixed issue #30603 Drill down on Summarized Sales History report Error
- Fixed issue #30607 Voiding a check in local currency fails
- Fixed issue #30628 ParameterWidget/XComboBox reports wrong value when ""null"" (scripting)
- Fixed issue #30636 Inventory zone report uses location comment instead of ARBL naming convention
- Fixed issue #30663 Node.js database connections lose js_init's search path
- Fixed issue #30677 calcsalesorderamt
- Fixed issue #30679 Merge / Purge Utility cannot be used by more than one person at a time
- Fixed issue #30685 Tab entry changed on misc. distribution screen
- Fixed issue #30689 Extra space is observed in between the fields in ‘Item List Prices’ screen.
- Fixed issue #30693 Accounting Periods
- Fixed issue #30703 Freight breakdown value is incorrectly displayed in ‘Freight Breakdown’ when return authorization disposition is ‘Replace’.
- Fixed issue #30708 XComboBox removeItem method leaves object in an inconsistent state (scripting)
- Fixed issue #30721 Unable to do buildapp on masterref database
- Fixed issue #30781 Item Number List Widget misbehaving on Mac 4.11
- Fixed issue #30788 WO Lead Time not being added
- Fixed issue #30796 RA Item Notes don't follow SO
- Fixed issue #30802 ‘Error Saving Item Information’ dialog is displayed when sales order ‘line item’ is created in Distribution Empty Database
- Fixed issue #30813 View Transaction Link on Trial Balance Report
- Fixed issue #30822 Received qty does not consider returns
- Fixed issue #30851 cannot disable an extension if it contains a trigger with a mixed-case name
- Fixed issue #30852 Cannot view voucher item screen
- Fixed issue #30864 Landed Cost Distribution creates erros in Maintain Item Cost
- Fixed issue #30867 ‘Error Posting Transaction’ dialog is displayed while posting a transaction in Enterprise and Distribution Editions
- Fixed issue #30898 Selection of GL account from dropdown not honored
- Fixed issue #30901 Price UOM not working as expected
- Fixed issue #30903 ‘Error enabling package’ dialog is displayed while disabling ‘xt’ package in ‘List Packages’ screen.
- Fixed issue #30943 Freight Distribution error on AP-PO Vouchering version 4.11.0
- Fixed issue #30945 Converting multiple unrelated UOMs does not work
- Fixed issue #30947 api.customer view balance_method not compatible between select and insert/update
- Fixed issue #30950 Customer name not transferring to linked work order
- Fixed issue #30958 Constraint on Rev table doesn't allow ""S"" status
- Fixed issue #31002 Vendor Records are not Saved
- Fixed issue #31017 Multicompany sync login screen does not support enhanced authentication
If you are running version 4.4.0 or later of xTuple ERP, you will only need to apply one updater package to upgrade to the latest release. The new updater packages are designed to bring you all the way up to their version, no matter what version (>= 4.4.0!) that you're on. See the FAQ on xTupleU if you have problems.
If you are upgrading from PostBooks to any of the other editions, you simply need to run the installation package for that edition. This will upgrade both your xTuple ERP version and edition. There is a special package for upgrading the Manufacturing Edition to Enterprise Edition.
NOTE FOR DISTRIBUTION EDITION CUSTOMERS: The xwd package no longer exists as a separate entity. All the functionality that was contained in the xwd package is now included in the single "distribution" upgrade or install package.
To be verbose about all of this:
- postbooks-upgrade-4.11.1.gz upgrades a PostBooks database from anywhere >= 4.4.0 to 4.11.1
- distribution-upgrade-4.11.1.gz upgrades the core (i.e. inventory) and distribution code (i.e. xwd) to 4.11.1
- distribution-install-4.11.1.gz does a one-time install of tables, etc. for core and distribution at 4.11.1
- manufacturing-upgrade-4.11.1.gz upgrades the core and manufacturing code to 4.11.1
- manufacturing-install-4.11.1.gz does a one-time install of tables, etc. for core and manufacturing at 4.11.1
- enterprise-upgrade-4.11.1.gz upgrades the core, distribution, and manufacturing code to 4.11.1
- enterprise-install-4.11.1.gz does a one-time install of tables, etc. for core, distribution, and manufacturing at 4.11.1
PLEASE NOTE: Other packages, such as Advanced Commissions and Fixed Assets, are currently on their own release schedule and should be installed as before.