xTuple ERP Python REST API Client Example
xTuple ERP Python REST API Client Example using the Google APIs Client Library for Python to interface with xTuple's REST API.
WARNING: This example in in no way secure or using best practices for Python application. This is meant for educational purposes only.
Install and Run the Client
- Clone or download this repo:
git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:xtuple/xtuple-python-rest-client-example.git
- Register for an OAuth 2.0 "Services Account" Client in your xTuple Mobile Client's "OAUTH2" interface. You will be prompted to download a PK12 keystore file. See OAuth 2.0 Service Accounts Scenario for more information.
- Save the PK12 keystore file in the same directory as this file and the
- Edit the
contacts.pyfile and set all your OAuth 2.0 Client settings. See all of the
TODOs in the file to find out where to do that.
- Install the Google APIs Client Library for Python on your system so it is available for this example to import.
- Make sure your xTuple Mobile Client is running before running
Using the Example
contacts.py script from the command line:
$ python contacts.py
You should be presented with a JSON object containting a list of contacts.
Copyright (c) 2012-2013 xTuple http://www.xtuple.com/