xbm stands for eXtra Bash Marks, it is a tool work like as bookmark on bash/shell environment.
- Add/delete/print/list and jump (cd) bookmark easily
- Tab is supported to auto-complete
xbm [ -h (help) ] # To get help [ -l (list) ] # List all bookmark records [ -a (add) [<name>] ] # Add new bookmark record from current path with name is optional [ -d (delete) <name> || -da (delete_all) ] # Delete record by name or delete all records [ -p (print) <name> ] # Print full-path of bookmark by name or xcd <name> # Jump (cd) by bookmark name
git clone https://github.com/xuta/xbm.git cd xbm/ chmod +x install.sh [sudo] ./install.sh
- If run script
sudo, xbm will be installed for user who ran script.
- If run script with
sudo, it's installed but not enable for all users (just enable for root). So if you want to use it with your account, append the line at below into
- Tested work well with bash on MAC OS X and Debian.
- To work well with bash of MAC OS X, xbm is using some stupid commands
- adding: branch support more features when add new bookmark, [TAB] to auto-complete still supported
xbm -a <full_path> <name>
xbm -a /usr/local/share/ share