Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Opossum release (v2.14.0)
For this release we chose to focus on our in-pad chat functionality and the ability to show your cursor's position to other users in the same pad.
- We've released an updated version of a serverside dependency:
- this addresses a recently introduced bug which is capable of sending more history than clients require under certain circumstances
- to use this updated dependency, run
npm updateand restart your server
- Our code editor is now capable of displaying other user's cursors within your view of the document.
- this is enabled by default, but you can choose not to share your own cursor, and to disable the display of other users' cursors in your document
- your initial color is chosen randomly, but you can choose any color you like within the settings page alongside the other configuration options for cursors
- After some consideration, we have chosen to change the permissions around the chat functionality embedded within every pad.
- previously we had allowed viewers to participate in chat, even though they could not change the document.
- we decided that this was counter-intuitive
- in the event of an XSS vulnerability it could be used as a vector for privilege escalation
- as such, we have modified our embedded chat functionality to only allow editors to participate
- this change is not backwards-compatible, and so the embedded chat boxes will have dropped their older history
- our assumption is that this will be an improvement for the majority of our users, and that it's fairly safe to drop older history given that chat is a relatively new feature
- if this has affected you in an adverse way, the information is still accessible, and you can contact us if you need a way to recover that information
- Finally, it is now possible to print the rendered markdown content in our code editor, thanks to a contribution from @joldie