Setconf is a small utility for changing settings in configuration textfiles.
It has no dependencies except the built-in Python modules.
Pull requests are welcome.
Compile time features
- It can be compiled to native with nuitka. Try these parameters:
--exe --lto --python-version=2.7
- A flag for changing the n'th occurence.
- A cleaner way to handle arguments, without adding an external dependency.
- A flag for commenting out keys (adding "# ")
- A flag for removing a value instead of using
- A flag for removing both the key and the value.
- Rewrite in a different language?
- Optimize the code that is used for adding options with
- A way to add an option with
-aafter a given string occurs.
- Test and fix the combination of
-aand multiline markers.
- Fix the behavior when
"is the multiline marker and
:the delimiter (the yml format).
- Document which assignment symbols and comment markers are supported.
- Support both
Changes from 0.7.4 to 0.7.5
- Can now uncomment configuration options with the
- Uncommenting and setting values also works on Linux kernel configuration (
#CONFIG_KERNEL_XY is not setto
Changes from 0.7.3 to 0.7.4
- Correctly formatted help text.
Changes from 0.7.2 to 0.7.3
- Can change single-line
#definevalues by using the
Changes from 0.7.1 to 0.7.2
- Fixed an issue that only happened on Python 3.2.
- Several minor changes.
Changes from 0.7 to 0.7.1
- Removed a dependency on chardet
Changes from 0.6.8 to 0.7
- Fix issue #6, a failing testcase for
Changes from 0.6.7 to 0.6.8
- Deal mainly with bytes instead of strings.
- Handle ISO-8859-1 (Latin1) better, for Python 3.
Changes from 0.6.6 to 0.6.7
- Can use floating point numbers together with
Changes from 0.6.5 to 0.6.6
- Fixed a problem with files without newline endings
Changes from 0.6.4 to 0.6.5
- Can now use += or -= for increasing or decreasing integer values
Changes from 0.6.3 to 0.6.4
- Better error messages when write permissions are denied
Changes from 0.6.2 to 0.6.3
- Fixed a problem with -a that occurred when a key existed but was commented out
- Added regression test
Changes from 0.6.1 to 0.6.2
- Now runs on Python 2 and Python 3 (tested with 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, 2.7 and 3.3)
Changes from 0.6 to 0.6.1
- Fixed a problem with the -a option
- Creates the file when -a or --add is given, if needed
Changes from 0.5.3 to 0.6
- Made -a add options only when not already present
Changes from 0.5.2 to 0.5.3
- Made it compile with the latest version of shedskin
- Added an option -a for adding keys/values to a file
Changes from 0.5.1 to 0.5.2
- Fixed a problem with ascii/utf-8 encoding
Changes from 0.5 to 0.5.1
- Fixed a problem with => assignments
- Changed the way files are opened with open()
- Added more tests relating to ascii/utf-8
Changes from 0.4 to 0.5
- Add support for => as well
- Fixed a bug where comments were not ignored for multiline values
- New logo
Changes from 0.3.2 to 0.4 (released)
- Ignored configuration options that are commented out
- License: GPL2
- Author: Alexander F Rødseth