Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
A lot has passed since last release. Since lots of new features and design changes have been applied to the app, I feel like it's about time of giving a preview release with all I've been working lately. So, here it is.
Feel free to stick with last stable release or to report bugs and issues with [alpha] tag.
- full view interface redesign: now artwork takes all the window even when hovered, and like/shuffle/repeat are available from there on the right of playback controls
- swipe horizontally with trackpad on main view to go to next/previous track
- Touch Bar customization (menu bar button -> Options -> Customize Touch Bar)
- holds breath Spotify track search with cmd+f from main view: return/double click to play track and esc to cancel search
- fixes for #24, #18, #10 and #12
- internal + things I don't remember
- Control strip button with tap to open Muse bar, long press to toggle play/pause, swipe to change track
- Fixed image loading for non-TB and iTunes users
- Some options in menu bar
- Things I forgot about in the process
- Token for Spotify account is now saved in "~/Library/Application Support"
- Reworked TouchBar sliding, now it should be more precise and reliable
- Properly handle PNG artwork images
- Press "i" to reveal the title of current track
- Spotify account integration: you can now save and delete the currently playing track from "Your Library" (more to come). Authentication is required at first start. Demo
- Like button on TouchBar: saves the current track in "Your Library" for Spotify or "loves" it for iTunes
- Slim progress bar in popup window
- Track title in popup window when a new song is loaded
- Bug fix for BT headphones controls
- iTunes support: it activates seamlessly or manually by pressing '2' from the popup window. Vox is now associated to '3'.
As always, delete the old binary to avoid multiple instances of the app running.
Deeper Spotify integration is in the works, see Swiftify
- fixed crashes on start when Spotify or Vox are not installed
- slider thumb on TouchBar gets bigger while sliding (like iTunes), timecode should not be covered by the finger anymore
- player position gets early clipped to start or end when dragging the slider thumb towards the edges of TouchBar slider
As always, delete the old app file to avoid double openings.
WARNING: some reported crashes with old build, probably due to missing Vox. I reuploaded a hot fixed version.
Lots of big updates:
- info view that displays last action on main window
- UI colors adaptation from song artwork, super eye-candy :)
- TouchBar revamp with new slider design (similar to iTunes and QT), time info while sliding, and colored song title/artwork button that brings to player
- Vox support: it activates manually by pressing '2' with the window open, or automatically when a song from Vox starts playing
Final release for the end of the year:
- volume, shuffle and repeat toggles
- menu bar icon
- fixed Spotify reopening
- shortcuts from popup window: w - open Spotify window, x - toggle shuffle, r - toggle repeat
- system-wide controls improved
- better drawables
- lots of other improvements
As always, delete the old app file to avoid multiple instances of the app running in background.