Example of Rails and Sidekiq metrics exported to Prometheus + Grafana
This example illustrates how to use yabeda gem suite with rails application to draw graphs for app metrics.
Recent versions of Docker and Docker Compose installed.
docker-compose upto start.
- Go to rails application at http://localhost:5000
- Hit the button and refresh page few times
- Go to Grafana Web UI at http://localhost:3000/d/000000001/yabeda-metrics-for-rails-and-sidekiq?refresh=10s (user:
- Look for graphs
- Sample Rails application is equipped with yabeda-rails, yabeda-sidekiq, and yabeda-prometheus gems and properly configured.
- Raw rails metrics are exposed at http://localhost:5000/metrics
- Raw sidekiq metrics are exposed at http://localhost:5100/metrics
- The Prometheus Web UI runs at http://localhost:9090
- The Grafana Web UI runs at http://localhost:3000 , user:
- The Sidekiq Web UI is available at http://localhost:5000/sidekiq
The configurations are based off the following articles and repositories:
This example is available as open source under the terms of the MIT License.