Vis-Karma: Visualization of Karma Relationships
Vis-Karma is a visualization system to represent the relations of causes and effects of karma in Buddhism. The main view is based on Bundle Layout in D3.js which implements Danny Holten’s hierarchical edge bundling algorithm.
You can test the visualization system through this demo, however the backend functions such as saving the modified relationships are not provided in this demo.
If you want to explore all the functions of this visualization system, you can install, build and use it yourself.
There is a video, to display the view and all the interactions of this system.
The main view of the system is as follows:
The left side nodes are input “causes”, the right sides nodes are output “effects”, just like general functions. You can have the following interactive operations on the elements of the view:
- When click the text, you can modify the information of the input or output nodes.
- When move the mouse on words such as “邪见”, links between the node “邪见” and effects nodes emerge, which show the cause and it’s effects, and more information will appear at the info-box in left or right side.
- You can drag one input node to a output node, to add, delete or modify the relationship between the input “cause” and output “effect”. (drawing a input-node to another input-node is forbidden)
If you want to build this system on your own pc, you should:
- Download DrRacket from racket-lang
- Install DrRacket
- Download this repo
- open file “run.rkt” in this repo using GrRacket
- Click “Run” on Top Right of GrRacket
- Open “http://localhost:8080” in your Browser (Like Chrome, Firfox, or Safari).
MIT license (© 2014-2015 Yali Bian)