MCMalloc: A Scalable Memory Allocator for Multithreaded Applications on a Many-Core Shared-Memory Machine
MCMalloc library enables to control local heaps to speed up memory allocation and deallocation by batch malloc, pseudo free, and fine-grained data-locking. (This library is updated version of FCMalloc.)
how to build
Ninja, GCC are required to build MCMalloc library.
how to run
In order to use MCMalloc library, set environment variable
to the path to
libmcmalloc.so. For example, zsh uses MCMalloc library;
- The following functions are unsupported.
- Memory allocated within libmcmalloc.so is not released unless the process is terminated.
- Google Inc., "gperftools: Fast, multi-threaded malloc() and nifty performance analysis tools ", http://code.google.com/p/gperftools/ accessed on 2017-03-15.
- Evans, J., "A Scalable Concurrent malloc(3) Implementation for FreeBSD", Proc. of BSDCan, 2006.
- Kuszmaul, B. C., "Supermalloc: A Super Fast Multithreaded Malloc for 64-bit Machines", Proc. of ISMM, pp. 41-55, 2015.
- Gentry, C., "A Fully Homomorphic Encryption Scheme", Ph.D. Thesis, Stanford University, 2009.