Useful resources for creating Offline projects
Inspired by the awesome list thing.
What is a offline-first movement?
We live in a disconnected & battery powered world, but our technology and best practices are a leftover from the always connected & steadily powered past.
Offline capability is a key characteristic of modern Progressive Web Applications. Offline first thinking must learn from and further what we’ve seen work with Responsive and Mobile First thinking. offlinefirst.org
Work In Progress
Pull Requests are welcome
- Get your offline T-rex (offline-dino) - or you get one for PR, donations are for local NodeSchool Bratislava
Design / UI
- Dat - Sync data across the distributed web.
- IPFS - (the InterPlanetary File System) is a new hypermedia distribution protocol, addressed by content and identities.
- offline NPM - Docker is must-have, syncs in approx 6h, great for internet-less conferences)
- Join Offline First Slack community is a place to discuss offline web related technologies, get help and find out more about the Offline First discussion
- Organise a local offline event
- GunDB - A realtime, decentralized, offline-first, graph database engine
- Hood.ie - A backend for Offline First applications
- Hyperlog - Merkle DAG that replicates based on scuttlebutt logs and causal linking
- Webtorrent - Streaming torrent client for the web
- IndexedDB Libraries worth checking out
- Dexie.js (~16KB, Promises, complex queries, secondary indices)
- localForage (~8KB, Promises, good legacy browser support)
- idb-keyval (<500 bytes, Promises, use if need key-value support)
- idb (~1.7KB, Promises, also does iteration, indexing)
- PouchDB (~45KB (supports custom builds), synchronization)
- ydn-db (dexie-like, works with WebSQL)
- LokiJS (in-memory)
- Scuttlebot is an open source peer-to-peer log store used as a database, identity provider, and messaging system.
- Service Workers
- Awesome Service Workers
- [sw-precache](sw-precache (offline precaching for static assets/application shells) (offline precaching for static assets/application shells)
- sw-toolbox (offline caching for dynamic/runtime requests)