A Python library that provides functions to retrieve names and codes of continents, countries and US states as Python dictionaries.
Geonames data is obtained from GeoNames.
To install geonamescache, run:
$ sudo pip install geonamescache
Or, if necessary:
$ sudo easy_install geonamescache
A simple usage example:
import geonamescache gc = geonamescache.GeonamesCache() countries = gc.get_countries() # print countries dictionary print(countries) # you really wanna do something more useful with the data...
Currently geonamescache provides the following methods, that all return dictionaries with the requested data:
- analyze performance of get_cities_by_name
- call get_dataset_by_key with name of dataset, so there is no need for *_by_names methods
- Fork the repository on GitHub
- Commit your changes to the develop branch
- Write test(s) for any new feature
- Push your changes and send a pull request