What is IOS Boilerplate
Is a code base for iOS projects. Current version provides
- BaseViewController with methods for secure handling of async http requests
- ImageManager: a class for downloading images asynchronously
- FastCell (inspired on Atebits implementation) is a base class for implementing custom UITableViewCells with fast scrolling.
- ListViewController: a base class for creating ViewControllers with one UITableView that can be refreshed with a pull-down component.
- Place: a simple implementation of the MKAnnotation protocol
- DictionaryHelper: an NSDictionary helper with methods for safe handling of collections
- StringHelper: an NSString helper with methods for manipulating NSStrings. Including: trim, sha1 and urlEncode method.
- DataHelper: an NSData helper with one method: hexString. It is used inside StringHelper to calculate the sha1 hash hexstring representation of a given string
The project contains some examples with the use of those utility classes:
- Example that fetches a JSON object through an async HTTP request, and shows a progress HUD.
- Example that fetches a single image with ImageManager
- Example that combines FastCells with async image loading using ImageManager.
- Example of variable height table cells using FastCell.
- Example that shows how to extend ListViewController to create a tableview with a simple pull-down-to-refresh component.
- Example that shows how to implement a swipeable cell
- ViewController that uses MapOverlays and the Google Maps API to show the directions between two points.
- Search bar that autocompletes locations.
IOS Boilerplate depends on the following third-party libraries:
These are installed through the dependency manager CocoaPods.
If you don’t use CocoaPods yet install it first as described in the CocoaPods README.
Now in the Terminal, from the root of the IOS Boilerplate clone, run the following commands to install the dependencies:
$ pod install
After the installation has completed open up the Xcode workspace
IOSBoilerplate.xcworkspace and you’re done.