YaST - System Configuration at First-Boot
This is a special YaST module that allows users to configure pre-installed systems to match their needs, e.g., language, network settings, root password, etc.
More subject-specific pieces of information can be found in the doc directory.
This module is developed as part of YaST. See the development documentation.
Getting the Sources
To get the source code, clone the GitHub repository:
$ git clone https://github.com/yast/yast-firstboot.git
If you want to contribute into the project you can fork the repository and clone your fork.
##To test your first-boot workflow
- Install yast2-firstboot package from media or directly from sources at GitHub
- Copy your firstboot control file to /etc/YaST2/firstboot.xml
- Enable first boot at startup
sudo systemctl enable YaST2-Firstboot.service
- Make sure this file exists
sudo touch /var/lib/YaST2/reconfig_system
- Reboot the system
- While booting again, YaST2-Firstboot service checks for existence of /var/lib/YaST2/reconfig_system and starts the configuration workflow