Domoticz Python plugin manager
BEWARE, this plugin can be used ONLY ON LINUX SYSTEMS and Raspberry Pi!!!!!!
Wiki Link: https://www.domoticz.com/wiki/Python_Plugin_Manager (Thanks to IDANIT)
Plugin Discussion Thread: http://www.domoticz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=22339&p=172358#p172358
Some thoughts became code.
What if we could use a plugin in order to install other plugins from a list?
So, I did it.
- has a predefined list of plugins to be installed
- auto updates itself on every self.stop()
To install a plugin: select it on "Domoticz Plugin" field and press update
To continuously update all plugins: Select "All" from "Auto Update" drop-down box and press
To continuously update selected plugin: Select desired plugin from "Domoticz Plugin" field put "Selected" on "Auto Update" drop-down box and press update
To check all plugins for updates and receive notification email: Select "All (NotifyOnly)" from "Auto Update" drop-down box and press update
To check selected plugin for updates and receive notification email: Select desired plugin from "Domoticz Plugin" field put "Selected (NotifyOnly)" on "Auto Update" drop-down box and press update
- supports only plugins located on GitHub
- performs plugin installation only if plugin directory not exists
- performs plugin installation and prompts you to restart Domoticz in order to activate it.
- self updates every 24 hours
- update selected plugin (ad-hoc update) every 24 hours -more plugins added
To install another plugin, just select it and press update.
Pending to be implemented:
- Uninstall plugins
- standardise execution of a shell file in order to fulfill individual plugin prerequisites
- check for updates for currently installed plugins and notify admin
- implement notifications
You can install and test it from GitHub bellow (git tools required):
go to your plugins folder and execute
[code]git clone https://github.com/ycahome/pp-manager.git PP-MANAGER[/code]
BEWARE, this is a very early Beta version. Use it on your test server first. Also, can be used ONLY ON LINUX SYSTEMS and Raspberry Pi!!!!!!
Waiting for your comments!!!!