Sync your local directories with evernote notebooks. If you'd like to take notes in markdown or orgmode, but also want to store all of your notes in evernote so that you could access and do full-text search on mobile phones. This tool will be useful to you.
Note, this script has only been tested with Evernote China (印象笔记) on Mac OSX.
- Sync all orgmode, markdown and plain-text files under a local directory to an evernote notebook
- Incremental sync, only modified orgmode files will be uploaded to evernote
- Support both Evernote International and Evernote China (印象笔记)
- Support headings, lists, tables and todo items
Git clone this repo and run setup in its root directory
python setup.py install
It's also recommended to install org-ruby, because it's one of the most matured project for converting orgmode files to html. Github uses it to generate orgmode previews on github.com. To install
gem install org-ruby
org-ruby is available,
eversync will use it to convert orgmode file to html. Otherwise, it will use orgco, which is a python package for converting orgmode file to other formats.
How to use
First, you need get a developer authentication token at
- China: https://dev.yinxiang.com/doc/articles/dev_tokens.php
- International: https://www.evernote.com/api/DeveloperToken.action
Setup environment variable for developer token and service host. For example
export EVERNOTE_DEV_TOKEN="XXXXXX" # Evernote China export EVERNOTE_SERVICE_HOST="app.yinxiang.com" # Evernote International export EVERNOTE_SERVICE_HOST="www.evernote.com"
To sync a local directory to evernote notebook,
eversync --dir [local-directory-path] --notebook [notebook-name]
- Inline image support