2k11 is supposed to become the new default theme for the Serendipity (s9y) blog engine.
At the time of writing, I do not recommend using 2k11 in a production enviroment. It's still work in progress, it will also require some work on the s9y core and possibly some plugins to work properly. Use at your own risk, if at all.
If you do want to test it (locally), your test blog needs to run at least s9y v1.6-beta, preferably a recent svn snapshot. To test it, simply extract the downloaded archive to
/templates/ and activate it in the s9y backend. Might need a reload in the frontend.
2k11 is a responsive HTML5 template. It has a fluid grid layout which adapts to the visitor's screen resolution, even on smaller screens down to smartphones.
2k11 supports three different layouts, activated by pushing sidebar plugins to the standard left/hidden/right sidebars in plugin management in the backend:
- 3 columns, left + right sidebars
- 2 columns, left sidebar only
- 2 columns, right sidebar only
(If you leave both sidebars empty, you'll get a layout which looks like 2 columns, right sidebar only – just without a sidebar.)
- Date format: Sets a date format used globally in the theme, i.e. for entries, comments, trackbacks, static pages. Basically for anything controlled by the .tpl files provided by 2k11.
- Header image: Pick an image from the s9y media database (or leave empty to omit). This will be added as a banner img between header/search and navigation. It's a responsive images only displayed in screen resolutions higher than 600 pixels. Should be 1120 pixels wide to work properly.
- Google webfont: Pick one of five preselected webfonts or the 'none' option to use Helvetica/Arial. These webfonts are included via the Google webfonts API.
- Navigation: Global navigation provided by s9y core.