See the contributing docs
Additionally for this generator:
- When submitting an issue, please follow the guidelines. Especially important is to make sure Yeoman is up-to-date, and providing the command or commands that cause the issue.
- When submitting a PR, make sure that the commit messages match the AngularJS conventions (see below).
- When submitting a bugfix, write a test that exposes the bug and fails before applying your fix. Submit the test alongside the fix.
- When submitting a new feature, add tests that cover the feature.
Git Commit Guidelines
These rules are adopted from the AngularJS project.
Commit Message Format
Each commit message consists of a header, a body and a footer. The header has a special format that includes a type, a scope and a subject:
<type>(<scope>): <subject> <BLANK LINE> <body> <BLANK LINE> <footer>
Any line of the commit message cannot be longer 100 characters! This allows the message to be easier to read on github as well as in various git tools.
Must be one of the following:
- feat: A new feature
- fix: A bug fix
- docs: Documentation only changes
- style: Changes that do not affect the meaning of the code (white-space, formatting, missing semi-colons, etc)
- refactor: A code change that neither fixes a bug or adds a feature
- test: Adding missing tests
- chore: Changes to the build process or auxiliary tools and libraries such as documentation generation
The scope could be anything specifying place of the commit change. For example
The subject contains succinct description of the change:
- use the imperative, present tense: "change" not "changed" nor "changes"
- don't capitalize first letter
- no dot (.) at the end
Just as in the subject, use the imperative, present tense: "change" not "changed" nor "changes" The body should include the motivation for the change and contrast this with previous behavior.
The footer should contain any information about Breaking Changes and is also the place to reference GitHub issues that this commit Closes.
A detailed explanation can be found in this document.