Clone this wiki locally
- http://yannesposito.com/Scratch/en/blog/Yesod-tutorial-for-newbies acid-state to create a url shortener
- testing with selenium and feature tests
- Using acid-state for persistence
- Pieces of Yesod: Inverting a Haskell Function, a DRY way to convert some haskell types to a url piece
- Deploying to Amazon with Fedora
- Dropbox API with Haskell
- Getting started with Yesod using Docker
Blog Post Ideas
A list of blog post ideas to increase content for non-haskellers.
Building Wai/Yesod Applications!
We've heard a lot about libraries :). We could talk more about what we are building and how. We have the wiki page https://github.com/yesodweb/yesod/wiki/Powered-by-Yesod but I only recently found this myself.
Refactoring a route (or model) in an application.
Common pain-point in other frameworks is refactoring. I want to make core modifications to a web app; large or small, old or new. this can be quite fun in haskell and we should present it as so.
Deploying apps to Aws,Heroku,DigitalOcean,wherever; possibly with Docker (or some other container solution).
This has been discussed many times and will probably always be on peoples minds. Given the rapid pace of these technologies it would be nice to talk about deployment in light of what we use as opposed to simply POC. What are Haskell developers using in production today?
Wai/Yesod microservices interacting with other services written with different tools.
Optimizing Persistent (when to use Esqueleto or raw sql).
I have some apps with quite a few large "normalized" tables which require several get, getBy, select calls to pull an object. What are best practice for compensating the areas where Persistent might be lacking (e.g. joins).