Easy MVVM Sample for Windows Phone 8
This is a test sample of the use of MVVM design pattern on Windows Phone 8, showing the basics of use.
The sample shows the following:
- typical folder structure.
- command set up.
- use of DelegateCommand, including the case where a Func<object, bool> is provided that defines whether command can execute.
- two-way binding of TextBox's Text property such that it is updated with every keystroke rather than only updating after lost focus.
- setting up a ViewModel as a DataContext for a page
- connecting ViewModel to View through bindings
- unit testing
This project contains almost everything that I wish I knew when I started developing for Windows Phone. Hopefully it can help at least one person understand one way of using MVVM on Windows Phone. A link to my blog where I explain some of this code.