Configures various YUM components on Red Hat-like systems. Includes LWRP for managing repositories and their GPG keys.
Based on the work done by Eric Wolfe and Charles Duffy on the yumrepo cookbook. http://github.com/atomic-penguin/cookbooks/tree/yumrepo/yumrepo
- Remove yum update in default recipe, that doesn't update caches, it updates packages installed.
RHEL, CentOS or Scientific Linux 5.x or newer. It has not been tested on other platforms or earlier versions. RHEL 6 support is untested (testing and patches are welcome).
The default recipe runs
yum update during the Compile Phase of the Chef run to ensure that the system's package cache is updated with the latest. It is recommended that this recipe appear first in a node's run list (directly or through a role) to ensure that when installing packages, Chef will be able to download the latest version available on the remote YUM repository.
Manages the configuration of the
/etc/yum.conf via attributes.
This LWRP handles importing GPG keys for YUM repositories. Keys can be imported by the
url parameter or placed in
/etc/pki/rpm-gpg/ by a recipe and then installed with the LWRP without passing the URL.
- :add: installs the GPG key into
- :remove: removes the GPG key from
- key: name attribute. The name of the GPG key to install.
- url: if the key needs to be downloaded, the URL providing the download.
# add the Zenoss GPG key yum_key "RPM-GPG-KEY-zenoss" do url "http://dev.zenoss.com/yum/RPM-GPG-KEY-zenoss" action :add end # remove Zenoss GPG key yum_key "RPM-GPG-KEY-zenoss" do action :remove end
This LWRP provides an easy way to manage additional YUM repositories. GPG keys can be managed with the
- :add: creates a repository file and builds the repository listing
- :remove: removes the repository file
- repo_name: name attribute. The name of the channel to discover
- description. The description of the repository
- url: The URL providing the packages
- mirrorlist: Default is
urlis considered a list of mirrors
- key: Optional, the name of the GPG key file installed by the
- enabled: Default is
1, set to
0if the repository is disabled.
- type: Optional, alternate type of repository
- failovermethod: Optional, failovermethod
- bootstrapurl: Optional, bootstrapurl
# add the Zenoss repository yum_repository "zenoss" do name "Zenoss Stable repo" url "http://dev.zenoss.com/yum/stable/" key "RPM-GPG-KEY-zenoss" action :add end # remove Zenoss repo yum_repository "zenoss" do action :remove end
recipe[yum] first in the run list to ensure
yum update is run before other recipes. You can manage GPG keys either with cookbook_file in a recipe if you want to package it with a cookbook or use the
url parameter of the
License and Author
Author:: Eric G. Wolfe
Author:: Matt Ray (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Copyright:: 2011 Opscode, Inc.
Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at
Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.