Miniflux - Minimalist News Reader
Miniflux is a minimalist web-based news reader.
- Host anywhere (shared hosting, vps or localhost)
- Easy setup => copy and paste and you are done!
- CSS optimized for readability
- Keep an history of read items
- Remove Feedburner Ads and analytics trackers
- Import/Export OPML feeds
- Feeds update by a cronjob or with the user interface in one click
- Protected by a login/password (only one possible user)
- Use secure headers (only external images are allowed)
- Open external links inside a new tab with a
- Mobile CSS (responsive design)
- Remove older items from the database
- PHP >= 5.3
- PHP XML extensions (SimpleXML, DOM...)
- PHP Sqlite extensions
- You must have a web server with PHP installed (version 5.3 minimum) with the Sqlite and XML extensions
- Download the source code and copy the directory miniflux where you want
- Check if the directory data is writeable (Miniflux store everything inside a Sqlite database)
- With your browser go to http://yourpersonalserver/miniflux
- The default login and password is admin/admin
- Start to use the software
How to update your feeds with a cronjob?
You just need to be inside the directory
miniflux and run the script
crontab -e 0 */4 * * * cd /path/to/miniflux && php cronjob.php >/dev/null 2>&1
How Miniflux update my feeds from the user interface?
Miniflux use an Ajax request to refresh each subscription. By default, there is only 5 feeds updated in parallel.
I have 600 subscriptions, how Miniflux handle that?
Your life is cluttered.