A simple (cron) script to update DynHost on OVH hosting
This script works with two linux commands : curl and dig. If you do not have the dig you must install it from the package "dnsutils" :
sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install dnsutils
How to use
- Download the dynhost.sh script and put it in the folder /etc/cron.hourly (to check every hour)
- Add execution permissions to file : chmod +x dynhost.sh
- Modify the script with variables : HOST, LOGIN, PASSWORD
How it works
- The command dig is used to retrieve the IP address of your domain name.
- The command curl (with the website ifconfig.co) is used to retrieve the current public IP address of your machine.
- The two IPs are compared and if necessary a curl command to OVH is used to update your DynHost with your current public IP address.