Ookjor mobile bluetooth camera software
Ookjor shows S60 3rd and 5th edition phones' cameras and screens live on the computer - for teaching, demonstrating products via the live-camera, demonstrating S60 phone usage and S60 software - wirelessly via Bluetooth.
You can connect your computer or notebook to a projector (or big LCD TVs that have s-video or HDMI ports) in a meeting room, class room, event hall.
- Use mobile phone's camera to demonstrate various things live: (Ookjor would start the phone-camera streaming after connected)
- Show and demonstrate new products and services (in stores, shopping-malls, event halls, etc)
- Show what you write or the diagrams you draw on paper
- Show how to use equipment
- Teach how to do scientific experiments
- Show how to cook
- Show the person speaking
- Show phone's screen live on the computer: (After Ookjor is connected, press "Done" to switch to mobile-screen streaming)
- Showcase and demonstrate how to use mobile phones (at events, phone stores, etc.)
- Showcase and demonstrate how to use mobile software applications and games.
- A (Nokia) S60 3rd/5th edition phone (Symbian OS 9.0 or newer).
- A computer/notebook running GNU/Linux OS with Bluetooth hardware and BlueZ dirver. Tested on Ubuntu 9.10 - see http://www.ubuntu.com - a great and free alternative to MS Windows.
- Qt4 ( Go to Applications > Accessories > Terminal and type or copy-paste: sudo apt-get install libqtcore4 libqtgui4 )
How to use
Download the latest release from http://www.clearevo.com/ookjor
Extract the zip/archive file (right-click, "Extract here"), select the "Ookjor.sh" file right-click > properties > permissions > make sure the "allow to execute" checkbox is checked. (or in terminal: chmod +x Ookjor.sh)
Double click the "Ookjor.sh" file, select "Run", or in terminal: ./Ookjor.sh in this directory.
You must first install (press "Send installer to phone" button in step 1 to send and install on phone) and start the mobile Ookjor program on your phone. (It would be in Menu > Applications > "Install. apps." or "My own", etc)
- If send fails because your system doesn't have "bluetooth-sendto" available, send the installer (OokjorS603rdAnd5th.sisx, in the folder bin_src/OokjorS60/sis) to phone manually using other methods.
When mobile phone Ookjor shows - Press "Connect" on Computer - then on this computer Ookjor program: Press "Connect to Mobile", select your phone and the mobile screen or camera should start showing in a few seconds.
Ookjor would start the live camera view display on the computer, ready to use! Press the Zoom + or - buttons in the computer Ookjor to adjust.
If you want to show mobile screen instead of the camera view, select "Done" on mobile while connected.
Bluetooth Engine Library
Ookjor's bluetooth engine has been adjusted to become its own project/library to be easier to adapt for use in other apps. The engine is PatienceBTEngine: http://github.com/ykasidit/PatienceBTEngine
Please see HOWTO_COMPILE file.
Copyright (C) 2009 Kasidit Yusuf.
This file is part of Ookjor.
Ookjor is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
Ookjor is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with Ookjor. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
Ookjor was developed by Kasidit Yusuf. Please visit the official page on http://www.clearevo.com/ookjor for more info.