Ymuse is an easy, functional, and snappy GTK front-end (client) for Music Player Daemon written in Go. It supports both light and dark desktop theme.
It supports library browsing and search, playlists, streams etc.
Watch Ymuse feature tour video:
- If your distribution supports snap packages:
sudo snap install ymuse
- A flatpak is available in the Flathub repository.
- Otherwise, you can use a binary package from the Releases section.
Building from source
- Go 1.18+
- GTK 3.22+
- Install Go
- Make sure you have the following build dependencies installed:
- Clone the source and compile:
git clone https://github.com/yktoo/ymuse.git cd ymuse go generate go build
- Copy over the icons and localisations:
sudo cp -r resources/icons/* /usr/share/icons/ sudo cp -r resources/i18n/generated/* /usr/share/locale/ sudo update-icon-caches /usr/share/icons/hicolor/*
This will create the application executable
ymuse in the project root directory, which you can run straight away.
DEB and RPM
goreleaser release --rm-dist --skip-publish [--snapshot]
flatpak remote-add flathub https://flathub.org/repo/flathub.flatpakrepo
flatpak-builder dist /path/to/com.yktoo.ymuse.yml --force-clean --install-deps-from=flathub --repo=/path/to/repository
- Optional: make a
flatpak build-bundle /path/to/repository ymuse.flatpak com.yktoo.ymuse
- gompd by Fazlul Shahriar
- go-logging by Örjan Fors
- goreleaser by Carlos Alexandro Becker et al.
- Automated UI testing.
- Drag’n’drop in the play queue.
- More settings.
- Multiple MPD connections support.