This software eats Eagle partlist file and spits GCode.
Hack your old 3D printer into an Pick and Place machine real easy.
Eagle Partlist -> Configure w/ 3D PnP software -> GCode -> Hacked 3D Printer
Special thanks to Gaudi Labs for inspiration
Modifying the Printer
- Remove everything heat-related from your printer
- hotend, thermostats, fans, heatbed-cables, etc
- Hack a fishtank bubbler so that it sucks the air in
- Get a solder paste dispenser needle and fix it to the carriage of your printer
- Connect the needle and the fishtank bubbler with a soft tube
- Install a 12V relay in the power line of the fishtank bubbler
- Connect the relay's coil and the fan output of your RAMPS board
- Try running the sample GCode. If it won't work, get Sprinter firmware and upload it to your RAMPS
This blog post shows a few pictures
Running the software
- Get Dr. Racket
- Run src/pnp-manager.rkt
- Import a partlist file you made using Eagle
- Set your settings
- Hit Generate GCode -> Save to file
- Open Repetier Host or something alike
- Hit Run
I haven't tested this with anything other than my own partlist wich is files/sticky-watch-1.5-partlist.txt and thus it is highly unlikely that it works perfect for your board on the first try. You gotta make your own changes please.
I unfortunately won't have much time to work on this right now. Feel free to go anywhere on your own from here. I'd love PRs.