SHOUTcast Recorder is able to record and store SHOUTcast stream automatically into separate mp3 files. This software was initially conceived to understand the SHOUTcast protocol, not really to record web radios ;) The fun part is to play with the protocol !
How does it work ?
- Curl receives HTTP blocks
- For each block received, we parse every bytes
- For each byte, we look for :
- ICY header
- potential metadata blocks
- mp3data we store in memory
- At the end of each block, we write gathered MP3 data into an external file
- Now we can enjoy downloaded music :)
How to run it
Here are two examples :
./shoutr -u http://184.108.40.206:80
./shoutr -p frequence3.pls
Some interesting features to add :
- add option --quiet
- add option --ncurses
- add a big shoucast radio list with lots of radios
- add shoutr_start and shoutr_stop functions.
- add id3tags
Licensed under the terms of the MIT License (MIT) See the file COPYING for details.
Yoann Sculo - firstname.lastname@example.org