µcblog is a C based static website generator. It is inspired by
jekyll and growl
and aims to be very simple to use, with very few dependencies. And because I'm
an embedded engineer, it's meant to be used on embedded systems and for self-hosting.
Just Linux and ucblog ! No other boring stuff to install like jekyll.
The project is in progress and subject to big changes. Full documentation will follow, as soon as I get something fully working.
- developed in C, very small binary with few dependencies
- your website architecture is based on the filesystem. Aimed to be as natural as possible for users.
- markdown formatted data as input - Using Sundown
- Html templating - Using libctemplate and something like liquid or jinja2 that doesn't exist in C yet.
- HTML/CSS/JS rendering with bootstrap and google-code-prettify to make your blog prettier ;) But you can use whatever HTML/CSS/JS you want.
> cd ucblog > make
How simple is that ?
(I will tweak the makefile to get something more advanced, but later)
> ./ucblog ./sources ./tmp
Not yet decided which GPL License I will use.