Spotify Apps API Tutorial
This is a Spotify App that explains how to make a Spotify App. All examples use the latest version of jQuery.
For API Guidelines, click here.
- Creating your manifest file
- Handling arguments and creating navigational tabs
- Using the pager element (coming soon)
- Dragging and dropping content into an app (coming soon)
- Show "Share" popup
- Play a single song
- Play a list of songs
- Get the currently-playing track
- Create a play/pause button with an HTML element
- Skip to the next or previous track
- Get a user's top tracks
- Returning all tracks with a certain search query (coming soon)
- Get the top 5 most popular tracks from 5 artists
- Get songs from a playlist URL
- Subscribe to a playlist (coming soon)
- Showing a playlist mosiac image
Interacting with Facebook
- Authenticate a user with Facebook
- Get a user's listening history from Facebook
- Talking to Twitter
- Display a Polymaps object
- Use HTML5's local storage
- Sign up for a developer account on Spotify. It takes about 24 hours to get access, so email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Spotify username for rush access.
- Open Terminal,
git clone email@example.com:mager/spotify-apps-tutorial.git
- Download the latest version of Spotify
- Open Spotify and type "spotify:app:spotify-apps-tutorial" in the search bar
Your feedback is welcome! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.