Data Science Cross Reference Notes
This is a set of notes compiled during my data science learning journey.
Many times, I find myself attempting to search and answer the questions below during data collection, analysis and visualization.
- How do I perform (an action) in (a language)?
- I know how to implement (an action) in (language A), now how do I implement this in (language B)?
The same process repeats when I am implementing the action in another language. This set of notes thus attempts to be a cross reference between language implementations. At this stage, I will be compiling notes pertaining to R and Python.
The notes follow a certain format for each action:
- How do I (action)?
- Sample Implementation in R
- Sample Implementation in Python
Initial collection includes:
- Linear Algebra
- Random Number Generation
- Getting and Cleaning Data
- Data Manipulation
- Plotting graphs
- Statistical Functions
- Regression Models
- Machine Learning
- Natural Language Processing