a content delivery solution for underserved communities, hence connecting communities, [...] delivering accessible solutions [...] to anyone anywhere.
Came 1st out of 30 teams in RMIT ITS Hack-a-thon Connected Communities 2019, earning a trip to San Francisco valued at AUD$18,000+ and networking opportunities in Silicon Valley with industry leaders.
How do we provide equal opportunity in a world with asymmetric information access?
- Rural communities and developing nations? They get left behind.
- It has been shown that children that have early access to education have better life outcomes.
- Digital content platforms are an efficient method to engage with students.
- Boxby, software platform solution with complementary hardware.
- BoxBy offers offline content cache for disconnected areas.
- BoxBy is scalable and provides quality content to users of all ages.
- The platform provides curated opt-in content.
- BoxBy provides a new way to bring education to previously underrepresented markets.
- The platform supports many open-source courses with the ability to host university directed coursework.
- BoxBy users have the ability to access cached data anytime, anywhere.
- BoxBy's cache can update automatically once connected to the internet or with portable physical storage.
- BoxBy is also designed for accessibility in mind.
To run in dev mode with nodemon use
npm run dev
Navigate to http://localhost:2000/