A short game demo made with the blender game engine ( http://www.blender.org ). This was made in 5 days, so please excuse the poorly finished things...
You were hiking somewhere, on a nice summer day, when suddenly some rocks fall behind you...
To install the game, simply download one of the complete versions from here:.
- Windows: http://www.4shared.com/zip/zZvDQYXY/hikingday_windows_32bits.html
- Linux 32bits: http://www.4shared.com/zip/f_vBQtXc/hikingday_linux_32bits.html
- Linux 64bits: http://www.4shared.com/zip/rFKGYMY0/hikingday_linux_64bits.html
Unzip it, and launch the "hikingday" application inside. Alternatively, or if your system doesn't appear in the builds, you can download the complete source here (there is a "download Zip" button on the right), and run the game from inside blender (menu Game -> Start game).
Note that the game requires a more or less good 3D chipset, otherwise it might run very slowly. It runs in 1920x1080 at 60fps with a geforce 660m, 30fps with intel i7, 15fps with a geforce 310m, and 8fps with intel i5...
You can speedup the game by opening the blend file in blender, untick the "Use desktop resolution" checkbox and reduce the resolution settings.
- W, A, S, D to move
- Space to jump
- Left click to grab / use
- Right click to show the map, once you found it
- F1 takes a screenshot and places it in the game folder
I took some resources a long time ago (props, scripts, textures, etc) and I couldn't always find back where they come from. If you recognize yours, please tell me and I'll add you to the credits!
- Game concept, graphics, programming: Yorik van Havre http://yorik.uncreated.net
- Think tank: Maíra Zasso, Grégoire van Havre
- Props: several models found a long time ago on the sketchup 3D warehouse...
- Sounds: http://www.freesound.org
- Music: Andrey Avkhimov http://www.jamendo.com
- Scripts and GLSL shaders: Mike Pan and others at http://www.blenderartists.org
This game is licensed under Creative Commons 3.0 BY