abc Ghost Theme
abc theme is a free open source Ghost theme (MIT license). You can use it as you like. If you want you can show me what you have build on it.
Remember to change your
disqus_shortname variable in
Blog post about ABC theme:
- Zurb Foundation 5 framework read more
- Scss (Sass) workflow read more
- Code highlighter read more
- Font icons read more
- Post covers read more
- Tag covers example
- Video, SoundCloud embeding read more
- Clean text formating read more
- Custom navigation setup more info
You can download it from the GitHub repository: https://github.com/juliancwirko/abc If you like it consider starring it on GitHub :)
You can contact me through Twitter @juliancwirko
Your feedback will be very appreciated. You can also send feature requests by opening issues on GitHub. https://github.com/juliancwirko/abc/issues
You can use Grunt and Node Sass. Just cd into theme folder and run
npm install (with 'sudo' if you're on Ubuntu like linux) and then
grunt to compile scss file and also 'watch for changes'.
You can see Gruntfile.js for configuration changes. You can also play with other Grunt tasks here.
Of course if you want you can still use Ruby version. Just go to assets folder and run
scss --watch scss:css
But I think that Libsass/Node version is much faster.
You can use image covers for particular sites:
Just use standard Ghost admin panel settings.
- Static page example: http://abc.pxt.be/about/
- Post example: http://abc.pxt.be/post-with-image-cover/
- Particular tag list example: http://abc.pxt.be/tag/getting-started/
- Author cover example: http://abc.pxt.be/author/ava-johnson/
- Prev/Next post feature (Ghost 0.6.0 adjustments)
- custom navigation setup (Ghost 0.5.9 adjustments)
- tag page image covers (Ghost 0.5.8 adjustments)
- Foundation update
- simple Grunt tasks added - Sass compile and watch..
- Foundation update (5.5.0)
- remove NiceScroll
- add SmoothScroll
- small fixes
- Foundation update (5.4.7)
- small fixes
- NiceScroll update
- Ghost 0.5.3 ready
- custom Open Graph tags removed (in Ghost 0.5.3 you have better default ones)
- removed unused imagesloaded script
- post headers color fix