Jotter is a lightweight, no database, powerful web notebook that lets you create and manage notes online safely, quickly & easily.
See the demo or install it yourself!
- Markdown and WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) editors
- organize notes hierarchically
- manage as many notebooks as you want
- multi-user support (currently, notebooks can't be shared between users)
- no DBMS needed. Everything is stored in flat files (JSON & Markdown)
- PHP 5.3 or above
- write access to the sub-directory
- Upload it (or
git cloneit) on your server (let's say in
- Go to the corresponding URL (lets say
Currently the update is quite easy:
- (optional) backup your
- just overwrite app files with latest version ((or
- That's all, folks!
- Next version:
- remember folded/unfolded folder (will change the save format)
- Following ones:
- Trash bin for deleted notes
- Keep last N versions of each note and restore it on demand
- Option to make some notes/notebooks publicly accessible
- Not sure if possible:
- Sync API (à la Simplenotes?) for desktop/mobile apps
- Share notebooks between users & handle concurrent edit (à la Etherpad?)
- Patch the WYSIWYG and Markdown libraries to enhance behavior and avoid most common rendering problems
- v0.4 (2014-03-20)
- introduced markdown editor (with help page)
- fixed wysiyg editor issues
- display version number
- dropdown for changing notebook now always accessible
- add note/directory now accessible from contextual menu
- fixed save shortcut not always working in Firefox
- v0.3 (2013-11-28)
- drag & drop to move notes/directories within a notebook
- v0.2 (2013-11-22)
- fold/unfold directories (not yet saved on server)
- moved/changed some buttons for better ergonomics
- always keep toolbar visible
- change notebook without returning to homepage
- interactive source code display (whitout base64 code)
- image button implemented
- prefill link with 'http://'
- FIX random sort order
- other minor fixes and tweaks
- v0.1 (2013-11-18)
- initial version
Jotter is a work by Yosko, all rights reserved.
It is licensed under the GNU LGPL.
Everything you need to make Jotter work is already on this repository. It includes:
- PHP Markdown
- HTML To Markdown for PHP, under the MIT license.
- YosLogin, under the GNU LGPL license. This library also includes:
- Secure-random-bytes-in-PHP, under the New BSD license.
- bootstrap-wysiwyg, under the MIT license. This library also includes: