OmegaT Browser plugin
A plugin for OmegaT for fast access to websites. Bindings can be scripted in Groovy with support for hotkeys, menus, other OmegaT functions.
Download using Right click -> Save as. Name must end with
- Google Translate - translates current entry. Choose language manually.
- Multitran - lookup selected or focused word in multitran.ru dictionary. Shortcut:
CTRL + ALT + M.
- Lingvo Live - lookup selected or focused word in lingvolive.ru dictionary. Shortcut:
CTRL + ALT + L. If all symbols are broken - try to install Roboto fonts.
- Deepl - translates current entry using Deepl. Choose language manually. Contributed by @rosros2000.
- Google Search - search current entry using Google.
- Sangyo Honyaku - Japanese dictionary Sangyo Honyaku.
On Mac use
CMD instead of
Ctrl for shortcuts.
Installation and usage
Download and place
omegat-browser-1.3.jar in plugins directory:
- OS X: Go to
Omegat.app-> right click -> select
Show Package Contents-> go to
Start OmegaT as usually. In menu choose
Tools -> Open browser scripts. Place there downloaded scripts, they will be enabled automagically.
Installed scripts can be enabled/disabled in
Tools -> Browser scripts. In case of artifacts (multiple menu items) - restart OmegaT.
Note: Java 8 or later required with JavaFX support. In most cases you already have it.
On Linux check that package
openjfx installed or install Java from Oracle. More info can be found in this thread.
- Fixed fonts issues on Deepl and LingvoLive, redownload those scripts
- Fixed Deepl connectivity problems
If my software helps you, consider making a donation. Thank you.