Ubuntu toolchain setup
Clone this wiki locally
setting up and using the development tools on a Ubuntu-11.04 development host
There where some gotchas with getting the Beta versions of mplab-x tools to work and the code to build. There is painful detail and obsolete screen casts at the bottom available on this blog MPLAB-X mostly works if you are on the newer versions. Here I will include the important bits I think folks may find useful.
MPLABx on ubuntu
- mplabx beta versions didn't like oracle jdk7 but, jdk6 works (I have not tested JDK7 with the non-beta vesions of mplabx)
- set JAVA_HOME and jdkhome, and PATH variables such that the JDK of your choosing is used.
- using the MPLABx as UI to the PICkit3 by making a new project as a pre-built project and navigating to the hex file to use. Program device by right clicking on the project and selecting "program device"
Android SDK + Eclipse + building ioio APK's
- use import... to import IOIOlib and whatever APK projects you are building.
- be sure to set the android target to whatever you need to for your device.
- under project properties Java Compiler make sure to de-select "Enable Project specific settings"
- you may need to make a IOIOlib/res directory
- go to the Project Menu (on the menu bar) and select clean...
- then building the APK tends to work.